Let's Talk About Sects
a podcast about cults
By Sarah Steel
This podcast both shares people's stories and explores how easy it can be for people to fall under the spell of a belief system that eventually compromises their morals and ethics.
* 'Cult' Universal medicine practices promoted by researchers, UQ launches investigation
* NXIVM - The dark cult with billionaires, stars, and allegations of sex slavery
* MJB Seminars life coach tells sex abuse victims to look for 'blessings'
* Ex-Jehovah's Witness criticises the group for not reporting child abuse
* Agape Ministries dismantled by order of SA court
Many ex-members of cults have been helped by attending CIFS 2-day Cult Recovery Workshops.
These are a weekend 2-day group session where personal experiences can be shared with others in a controlled safe environment.
Workshops are facilitated by qualified professionals with experience in the cult recovery process.
Our next workshop is being planned for October 2018 in BRISBANE.
Email for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why do people join cults? - Janja Lalich
Carli McConkey joined a personal development group and was slowly inveigled into a life of virtual slavery.
Carli's bright matter-of-fact style belies the drudgery and alienation of her controlled existence while trying to bring up a young family.
Highly rated on Amazon.
ABC Radio Audio
Amanda Smith on Life Matters interviews two ex-members of different cults to explore their experience, what keeps them there and how they finally leave.
Mary Garden was a member of an eastern spiritual group. Tore Klevyer was a member of Children of God. Both share their experiences.